I recently purchased an ST-2613 (2018), which is also rated 12,800, dry is around 7,700, does anyone have recommendations on how to balance out the weight distribution to compensate for toys loaded, I figure the best way is to add fresh water to get more weight forward, assuming you have the toys as far forward as possible, wondering if anyone has some guidelines based on what they had loaded and how many gallons they added to compensate. I am loading motorcycles, that weigh between 400 and 700lbs dry, so anywhere from 500-1500lbs total for 3 bikes.
I just purchased the same unit, 2019 ST-2613, and will be loading a Rzr XP4 turbo which is about 1,600lbs.
I'm trying to figure out the proper weight distribution hitch to buy and I'm hearing about issues with the tongue weight being too light.
I haven't picked it up yet so it would be good to get the information before I try to tow it home 🙂
The 2613 without much loaded is heavy on the hitch, 1400lbs for a 7700lbs trailer! If you put water in it will increase the weight on the front significantly. Fuel tank full helps to compensate a bit, but it is still very tongue heavy for a 1/2 Ton truck and even the Weight distribution bars. So it really is designed to have something heavy in the back, to compensate, if you are camping without toys, you will need to ratchet up the Weight distribution bars, and load the back up to reduce the tongue weight and rear axle weight. With 30G of fuel, no water in the tank, I got the hitch weight down to about 1300lbs for reference. Toy wise, when we use it for that, I will have 2 motorcycles that weigh 1000lbs but I have not loaded them up and checked the tongue weight yet (I recommend buying a tongue weight scale!)
Yes, few minor quality issues, the biggest issue so far was with the sideout, motor wasn't working well, dealer fixed/replaced it and it seems to be working great now, although you have to be on power or generator it seems to have enough power. I replaced the rubber feet on the ramp retaining bars, the originals were very thin and fell off, so I got some bigger/thicker ones, and glued them on as well.